This is just a site I threw together quickly to collect and share useful resources related to covid-19 aka CoronaVirus. I already had a similar site I use privately, and I thought it'd be easy to extract the covid-19 bits into a public resource. See my blog post at https://blog.korny.info/2020/03/19/gatsby-digital-garden.html for more about how this kind of site works!
The source code and content is at https://github.com/kornysietsma/covid19-site
Information is here in three rough styles:
- Diary pages, which are date-based pages and are listed chronologically
- Wiki pages, which are general-purpose information pages and are listed alphabetically
- Firehose lists, which are lists of bookmarks and stuff I haven't sorted yet, and are listed chronologically if you click "firehose mode".
Note that I'm not going to categorise everything in the firehose - I don't have time! I'm just going to put the most useful resources, or text information or other things not suited to a raw list, into the wiki pages.
Tags and categories will evolve over time, but these are main things I have so far:
- Parenting for resources for parents
- Blog for updates, changes, and occasional reflections or things that don't go anywhere else
- Info for information resources - stats, research, dumps
- Work for information about working in this new world
- Health for information about healthcare specifically - ways to stay healthy, ways to look after yourself, mental health...
- Play for ways to have fun, de-stress, relax. (kid-specific stuff might be under parenting)
- Meta for stuff about this site, like this page!
Of course there's going to be blurry overlap between these - that's the nature of trying to categorise things!
- distance_learning for people, mostly kids, trying to learn at home. This used to be "home schooling" but as it says in the post I copied about distance learning it's really not.
- resource_site for external sites with lots of their own resources
- info_list for simple lists of resources
- needs_fix for pages that need some love - especially pure info dumps or places I've cut-and-pasted other people's lists!
Other tags will evolve over time
I'm happy to receive suggested changes, either by email or (for techy folks) pull requests! All the content is markdown or JSON, the file formats should be pretty self evident.
If you want you can also create an issue on the github site - though this is a volunteer effort from a busy parent so no guarantees I'll react quickly!
The CSS is pretty minimal - it's sort of responsive, but not very pretty.
See my blog post at https://blog.korny.info/2020/03/19/gatsby-digital-garden.html for more about how this kind of site works!